What is the problem of large files, PST?

Posted by Jonh On Friday, July 17, 2009 12 comments

Microsoft Outlook 2002 and earlier versions limit the size of personal folder (PST) 2 GB pst when reached or exceeded this limit, you can not open or download any increase or you can not add new data. This so-called problem of large files PST.

Outlook is not structured in such a way as to preserve the documents have not been able to gain access to the PST. However, Microsoft provides a tool for external pst2gb on a temporary basis, it can recover files working condition. Nevertheless, under certain circumstances, this tool will not be able to restore files. Despite the fact that the success of the reconstruction process, some data will be truncated and lost.

Microsoft also announced Service Pack so that when the PST approach limit 2GB, Outlook can not add new data. This mechanism is to some extent, can be prevented PST files are very large. However, once the limit is reached, it is difficult to do anything for you, such as sending / receiving e-mails, notes, a number of appointments and so on, if not remove large amounts of data from PST files and compact to reduce the its size. This is very annoying, when the growth of Outlook.

Because Microsoft Outlook 2003, a new PST file format to use, it supports Unicode and do not have a size of 2 Go Therefore, if you use Microsoft Outlook 2003 or 2007 to create a new PST file format of Unicode, you do not have to worry too much problems.

Symptom:
1. When you try to load or access an oversized Outlook PST file, you will see error messages, such as:
xxxx.pst can not be accessed - 0x80040116.
or
Errors have been detected in the file xxxx.pst. Quit all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox Repair Tool.
where 'xxxx.pst' is name of the Outlook PST file to be loaded or accessed.
2. When you try to add new messages or items to the PST file, and during the adding process, the PST file reaches or goes beyond 2GB, you will find Outlook just refuses to accept any new data without any complaints, or you will see error messages, such as:
The file could not be added to the folder. The action could not be completed.
or
Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server - Receiving' reported error (0x8004060C): 'Unknown Error 0x8004060C'
or
The file xxxx.pst has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some items that you no longer need, then permanently (shift + del) delete them.
or
Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x00040820):'Errors in background synchronization. In most cases, further information is available in a synchronization log in the Deleted Items folder.'
or
Can't copy the item.
Solution :-

As mentioned earlier, Microsoft is not a way to resolve this matter satisfactorily large files PST. The best solution is to repair our decisions Outlook. Large PST files can be resumed without data loss. There are two options:

1.If your version of Microsoft Outlook 2003 or higher installed on your computer, you oversized PST files can be converted into the new Outlook 2003 format of Unicode, as well as the limitation of 2 GB is not enough. This method.
2.Si you do not have Outlook 2003 or later, you can divide the PST too many small files. Each file contains data in the source file, PST, but it is less than 2 GB, and independently of the others, so that you can gain access to Outlook 2002 or below, without any problems. This method requires a little uncomfortable for you to manage multiple PST files to separate operations.

12 comments:

Alex said...

My aunt told me about her problem.All her mails were damaged and she didn't know what to do.But one man advised for her-cannot view outlook inbox.And tool helped her very easy.Moreover this story helped me too.Because all my mails were corrupted.Tool is free as far as I remember.

Jeniffer said...

I recently visited your blog (http://microsoft-outlook.blogspot.com/2009/07/what-is-problem-of-large-files-pst.html)and found it quite interesting .I have website that has deals with the same subject. Therefore, exchanging content links with your blog i would help to generate traffic and gain maximum backlinks. If you are interested with my proposal please mail me at (jeniffertech@gmail.com)

Best regards!
Jeniffer

Alex said...

Today I saw a tool on a blog-recovering outlook contacts.I tried this tool and it solved my old problems with mails in seconds and without payment.Moreover I saw how program restore all emails, contacts, messages, tasks and calendars are stored on server.

Mike said...

I am a Microsoft Outlook user. Some times I face problem with my Outlook, I am unable to open it or it gives me an error message. I lost all my outlook contacts. I am aware that there are many Repair Outlook PST File tools available in the market. But even repairing our pst file by the software I lost some emails and contacts etc. I remember, in past I had some problem in my Outlook, I purchased one PST repair software, however it just recovered some emails. I lost many emails folder from my outlook, then I purchased one more software but still I lost many important contacts.

Alexis said...

I used to find different programs all the previous week. Accidentally I noticed an unusual software - outlook recover ost data,which I downloaded and used. I was discouraged,because of the software showed me extraordinary abilities. It restored my damaged emails for seconds and without payment as I bore in mind. Besides couple days ago my sister asked me to help her out. I recommended her this application. And in a day she thanked me a box of chocolate)). I have been eating it for some days))).

Mohit Mathur said...

Th reason for PST file corruption is PST file exceeds beyond 2GB file size limit. You can either Split PST file into many small sized PST files or you can simply reduce its size using a suitable Compact PST File software.
In order to Compact PST File, you can try Stellar Compact PST software that Compress PST File to reduce its size & hence save it from corruption. The software Compact PST file items like emails, contacts, notes, attachments, tasks, journal, appointments, and calendar entries.

Anonymous said...

You can also try Stellar PST File Splitter that Split PST Files on the basis of Date, Size, Email Ids & Folders and hence save it from corruption.

Unknown said...

Hii ..

I had similar kind of problems as I had large Outlook PST files and due to that some time I got error like 0X8004060C . I tried Systools Split PST software. It’s really great tool to split large PST into smaller PST .
You can try free version before purchase - http://www.splitpst.com/

Unknown said...

Hi,

There is lot of reasons to increase size of PST files, like
1. No of copied emails available in one folder
2. Not properly removed trashed emails.
3.Heavy size of attachments stored in mail box etc.
but solution is One SysTools compress pst software which can reduce size of PST files without any circumstances. http://www.compresspst.com/

Unknown said...

Hey really this blog is very Interesting & beautiful. lovely presentation thanks for sharing your views.........visit more info Windows live mail help also Call +1-800-231-4635 (Toll Free) now for Windows live mail help & Support from Microsoft certified technicians.

peter watson said...

nice blog thank for posting such useful information
Outlook contacts

support service said...

Very informative and unique content. I am very impressed by reading this content thanks for sharing this post.
Microsoft Outlook Customer Support